notebook

Friday, September 30, 2005

The Friday Folder

My daughter brought home her weekly schoolwork folder today, included was this gem...

"Spicing Up" Our Writing!
Directions: Make the following sentences more interesting by adding details and vivid language.

1. I rode the bus.
I rode bus 275 with my friend Devon.

2. I have a sister (or brother)
I have a brother who's name is Sam, and he is really funny.

3. We listen to music.
We listen to Charlie Brown music at Christmas, and Sam & I dance all over the place.

4. A car drove by.
A blue VW Beetle drove by, and I punched my mom.

5. My Mom bought me clothes.
My Mom bought me 9 pairs of beautiful socks before the school year! (Thanks, Mom!)

6. It is raining.
It is raining, and I should know because I am dancing outside in my blue shorts.

7. I rode a roller coaster.
I rode the Jack Rabbit, and I ralphed in the trash can afterward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home