notebook

Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, one more day off left.

Living room is painted, carpets (and car upholstery) cleaned. I spent 4 hours yesterday at the CSA farm, picking lettuce and cherry tomatoes, and weeding asparagus beds. Then drove back home through the city and dropped off 5 crates of veggies at the market.

S had his first and second day of preschool this week and is really having fun with it. C started trumpet lessons this week. C and I went in to the city to hit the Big Library today, and she was horrified when I carted nearly 40 lbs of books back to the car. Tomorrow, swimming lessons for both kids.

I finally, finally got my Nurse Practitioner license today, after much gnashing of teeth and imagined wringing of bureaucratic necks. I did some foot dragging myself, getting the paperwork and fees together to file for the license. I'm happy enough working as an RN, but the NP is really what I went to school for, and eventually will mean no more night shifts once I get myself a new job.

I'm tired, and oddly discouraged after such a big week. Lots of activity, but not much changed. The whole week is kind of a reminder that no matter how much I work, how much I try to get done, there's always that much more to be done that I haven't touched yet. Being home for a week just serves to show me how much my job is taking me away from the really important work in my life-- I can't make much of a home for anyone if I'm not here. I'm not terribly enthusiastic about getting started on a new job search right now, though I know I need to, I can't afford not to.

I want to be rescued, and I'm feeling a bit contemptuous of myself for entertaining such a silly notion. This might just be that Sunday afternoon back to work kind of feeling just magnified, since my vacation is ending, but I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home