notebook

Sunday, September 04, 2005

This can't be happening...

Went to check the scores tonight and saw a leadoff story about the Yankees/Oakland game -- Jeter and Bellhorn hit solo homers...

But Mark Bellhorn plays for the Red Sox!

At least, he did until the end of August. Now he's batting 8th in the Yankees line up. I can not deal with this! He went out on the 15 day DL in July, and I got worried when he didn't come back at the beginning of August. He hadn't been hitting real well this season, but God, after what he did in the postseason last year, how could you cut him loose so easily?! I've got a soft spot for him since he was the only guy on the Red Sox who grew up in the Bay State. Apparently that wasn't enough to get the Boston fans to cut him some slack this year when his batting average dropped. That burns me. How about a little loyalty? And now to have to see him in pinstripes just twists the knife.

I know, it's only business... people get traded back and forth all the time. But this stinks. Sorry Mark, I'm going to miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home