notebook

Monday, September 19, 2005

vacation -- let the wild rumpus start!

I've got 6 days off from work -- I would call it my vacation, but I just finished working 24 hours over the weekend, and I have to go back at 7 pm on Sunday night, so it's really just a couple of days off in a row. I'm not complaining; it's more than I usually get.

During my last week off, in June, we took a 2 day road trip to Cleveland, which although it was fun, seriously cut into my productivity for the week. I've got a lot planned for this week -- got a pretty good start on it today. Jack and I cleaned out and vacuumed both of our cars. Also managed to soak off most of the soda, coffee and juice sludge, chip some melted crayons out of the back seats, and wipe all the dust out. I'm planning to rent a Rug Doctor later this week and clean the living room carpet -- I wanted to get the cars prepped so I could use the Doctor to clean the upholstery too.

Cleaned both bathrooms -- the maintenance guy is coming tomorrow morning to replace the faucet in the upstairs bathroom -- it's all corroded and seeping from the base. They're also going to fix our storm door -- the hydraulics that close it got ripped right out of the door frame in a wind storm.

Went shopping to pick up some supplies I need for a textile/art project I've been kicking around the idea for. Maybe after the kids are in bed, I can rearrange some stuff in the basement and set myself up a work area.

Moved all our coats and hats from the coatrack on the wall by the front door into a closet. Took down the coatrack -- I'm going to paint the living room on Wednesday, so I've got to get everything off the walls and wash 'em before then.

While I was cleaning, S destroyed the living room and the den, so I really should go pick up...

... Oh yeah, and I made some oatmeal honey bread. Nice warm day for yeast to rise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home