notebook

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the thirteenth

Came home last night in the midst of a white-out snowstorm, slush piling up behind my windshield wipers. Just like the good old days when I used to drive through blizzards without a care. It got better as I headed home, less accumulation on the roads and fields, though it was still coming down as thick.

The kids were psyched with the snowfall. C had heard that if it's snowing and you go to bed with your pajamas on inside out, it will keep snowing and you'll have a snow day the next day. So they did -- and it worked -- kind of. It did keep snowing, but we didn't get all that much accumulation. Just managed to cover the grass. But 25 miles away, where I work, they got over a foot! I got a call at 7am from my boss -- power out at her house, trees down, the thruway closed as far west as Buffalo. "The county's in a state of emergency" she said, "you might as well stay home."

Woo Hoo! Snow day for Mom!













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home