notebook

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy October

As the year draws down... Where did the summer go this year? Where did the whole year go?

I'm playing hookey from church -- stayed home to make plum jam. But to not ignore the spirit today, I'm going to dedicate today to the five remembrances:

I am of the nature to grow old. I cannot escape old age.

I am of the nature to have ill health. I cannot escape ill health.

I am of the nature to die. I cannot escape dying.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them. I cannot keep anything. I come here empty-handed, and I go empty-handed.

My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand.


Today I'll try to be aware how lucky I am to be alive, well, with the people I love around me. I'll try to be grateful as I should be and act accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home