notebook

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hey, it could happen...

Summer is well nigh over, today's weather notwithstanding. I've managed to not talk about baseball here since about May, for all the good it has done. At least I can rest easy knowing I didn't jinx us. I'm feeling a lot better about things after this past weekend. Our disastrous last 5 game series against the Yanks and our subsequent slide into oblivion put me into a funk that I am just now climbing out of. Taking 3 out of 4 from them in a two day double-header marathon helped immensely. Chatting with the Yankees fans at work, I said "So if we win every single game we play for the next two weeks, and the Yankees lose every single game they play, we've still got a shot at the post season..."

At the very least, I'll have something to look forward to for next April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home