notebook

Monday, July 17, 2006

Waf-full

I got a new waffle maker as a birthday present! My old one got tossed maybe 2 or 3 years ago after a handle broke off. It had never really worked that well for me; it always burned the waffles, even at the lightest setting. You couldn't rely on the light, you had to stand over the thing with an eagle eye to catch the waffles at the right time. Despite all that, I used to make waffles a couple of times a week. C loved to have them for breakfast, and I had the recipe memorized. Then I got an electric skillet that let me make six pancakes at once, and it was all downhill from there for my poor old waffle maker.

This new one is a nifty Cuisinart model, and it cooks things to perfection. You can sit down with coffee and the paper and hear a slight "tick" when the light turns green, hop up and catch the waffle before it burns. C was away at a sleepover the first morning I used it, but S had about 4 waffles from its first run. C came home and shouted "am I dreaming? Is that a waffle maker?!"

The next morning, S came in our room about 6:30, and said "Hi mom. It's sunny out." (that means it's time to wake up) Then -- "wanna make some waffles?"

Until we run out of flour, milk or eggs, I think we're all set for the time being. Waffles make everyone happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home