notebook

Monday, July 10, 2006

time off

I'm on vacation for the next two weeks. Two weeks! Together! During summer! Yes, I'm loving my new job. This would be unthinkable if I were still in a hospital setting. It's my goal to walk a loop at Black Creek Park every day while I'm off. This morning I went, got rained on, and picked a pint of black raspberries and some sweet peas (just flowers, not veggies). I saw two deer, two rabbits, a toad, and a tiny gray tree frog. I also saw a common yellowthroat -- I've only ever seen one other in my lifetime, despite the name. An indigo bunting, too -- it perched overhead and yelled at me, and followed me for a while. Got home and turned the black raspberries into a cobbler.

The rain this morning gave way to a nice afternoon. I took C. to the craft store to get polymer clay, which was on sale for .99 a packet. Quite the deal. Went to the library after S. finished his nap, got a couple of upholstery books. I have a yard sale chair that I would really like to redo.

Worked at the CSA on Sunday -- picked swiss chard, cilantro, dill and basil, as well as some scallions. Picked all sorts of peas -- shelling peas, snap peas and snow peas. Then weeded a couple of rows of onions. I want my own garden! I don't want to hang out in someone else's garden (even if I do get to eat its produce) trying to make small talk with a bunch of co-shareholders. Fortunately, it seems they're just as happy to ignore me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home