notebook

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh. My. God.

I got home this morning after working an overnight (probably my last overnight ever) and was feeling pretty good. I was idly flipping through the paper, when I made the type of noise you usually only hear if S. is climbing on me and has inadvertently delivered a swift kick to my spleen.

"What is it?" asked J, concerned that a trip to the emergency room might be in the offing..
But no, it was just THIS.

Will it never end? Will that great sucking vortex that is downstate continue to drain the life out of us for all eternity? Proof once again that life (as a Red Sox Fan) is suffering, and the only path to the extinction of suffering is non-attachment... C when she heard the news said "I will never root for anyone in sports EVER AGAIN."

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. It's so
ROCK Bottom.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger katefear said...

I had to do some self-censoring on this one, too. The post almost ended:

"Merry fucking Christmas Red Sox Nation.

There is no God."

I'm feeling much better now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home