notebook

Saturday, December 03, 2005

odds and ends

So I ran my 5K today, didn't see my friend there, but there were a couple of hundred people... I finished in 33:03, which, oddly enough, is the same exact time I took to finish my first race three years ago. I looked up the race results this evening, and looks like my friend skipped it completely -- I didn't see her name in the finishers. Well, it was 27 degrees, snowing, and pretty windy. If I hadn't preregistered (and shelled out 15 bucks) I probably would have slept in today too.

It looks like I got my NP job. Now I have to think about getting some work clothes. I've been wearing scrubs so long I don't have anything office-appropriate. Someone should nominate me for "What not to wear," and quick!

Someone asked me not long ago if I planned to make any Christmas gifts, and I said no -- then proceeded to go out and buy supplies to make a bunch of things. Crochet has been my drug of choice this weekend. I just finished one project, and am about a third done on another.

Went to a baby shower of a friend from work this past tuesday. Made a gift for that too. Pregnant people nearly outnumbered the rest of us at this shower -- well it was even -- 5 preggos and 5 non. But one girl is having twins, so we were definitely outnumbered by fetuses. We took a group shot of all the preggos, lined up by gestational age, side view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home