notebook

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Late again...


But here's my finished project this week. When I was a kid my grandmother's breakfast nook had a bench seat with storage inside. Every so often we'd beg to be allowed to take the lid off and dig through all the treasures in there. There was a set of tin individual Jell-O molds that we'd invariably wind up pulling out and pressing into service. Not that we even liked Jell-O much, but they did look so cool when you turned them out onto a plate. Not too long ago I found a set of molds at the Craft Antique Co-op in Greece and I had to pick them up. I really should have made Jell-O for the kids. Instead I made a pincushion with some velvet from a salvation army skirt. I filled the cushion with sand -- it has a pretty good heft to it...


Here's the bottom so you can imagine what your Jell-O would look like....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home