notebook

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

soundtrack issues

Had a patient come in yesterday morning for her exam -- she was miserable because she'd broken up with her boyfriend of x years just the night before. The universe was really not trying to make her feel any better -- the songs that were piping in over the sound system went from bad to worse. Actually, from maudlin sappy love song to angst-ridden misanthropy. The nurse that did her intake came out saying "I just kept trying to talk louder so the lyrics wouldn't be so noticable."

Seriously, I am not exaggerating. When she came in it was Phil Collins: Groovy Kind of Love (maudlin and sappy enough?). Then:
Carrie Underwood: Before He Cheats
Hootie & the Blowfish: Let Her Cry
Billy Joel: She's Got a Way

As I'm doing her exam:
Green Day: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I get her exit papers together as fast as I can & bring in her script to Tracy Chapman singing "Give me one reason to stay here, and I'll turn right back around..."

I hope she managed to find a different radio station to listen to in her car when she left...or maybe every station was like that on this particular morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home