notebook

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pseudacris crucifer

Some new rap artist we haven't heard of yet? No, just spring peepers. They're singing all day here. they don't even wait for dusk. Other signs that spring is here, besides the tulips planted by the previous tenants? Ungodly amounts of roadkill. Squirrel, skunk, raccoon, fox, deer, things I don't even recognize....

Spent the day today calling people to find out if they'd gotten the follow-up care I'd asked them to do. Funny mole checked out? No -- no insurance. Mammogram to take a closer look at that breast lump? No, couldn't get a ride. Other phone calls to people who have moved, cell phones that were not in service, nothing finished. A foot-high stack of charts in my bin still needing something. My office looked like the medical records room exploded for most of the day.

I never did mention what had happened to the woman with the adnexal mass I sent to the ED. Turns out it was indeed a rather large ovarian cyst. They wrote her a prescription for some stronger pain meds to get her through the weekend, and she folllowed up with us the next week. It ruptured and resolved on its own.

Hey, Liz, if you're reading, e-mail me! I can't find your e-mail address! I have some med questions for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home